Why are you called Monsoon Chocolate?
Our factory is located in Tucson, Arizona in the Sonoran Desert, where every summer we have a monsoon season. Ususally in late summer, when temperatures can exceed 115ºF (46º C), the monsoons return and provide our desert landscape some much needed replenishment,and a welcome break from the heat.
What are your cafe / factory hours?
Our cafe is open from 10am – 4pm, Wednesday through Sunday. To learn more about our cafe click here.
How do I schedule a tour or tasting?
We are not offering regularly scheduled tours or tastings at this time. Please reach out to us if you would like to discuss the possibility of planning a private event.
Products & Ingredients
Are your products vegan, gluten free, or allergen free?
We offer many products that are vegan, gluten free, or allergen free, however all of our products are made in a facility that handles tree nuts, wheat, milk, eggs and peanuts. Our products may not be suitable for people with allergies to these foods.
Can I customize my bon bon box online?
We offer custom box flavor choices to our guests visiting our cafe, and to special order/corportate gifting customers. We have several curated boxes available online for you to select your favorite collection of flavors.
What does the percentage on the bar mean?
The percentage on a chocolate bar indicates the total cocoa content included in the bar. This would inlcude cocoa from the bean as well as cocoa butter. If a 3-ingredient dark chocolate bar is 80%, that tells you that 80% of the bar is cocoa content, and the remaining 20% is sugar. Higher percentages correlate to lower sugar content.
Do you make sugar free chocolate?
We make 100% dark chocolate that has zero sugar added. At this time we do not use sugar substitues or alternative sweetners.